For Studio Location Information Click Below
After twenty four very successful years and overcoming what was undoubtedly our most turbulent year to date, we are excited to enter 2021 with a fresh sense of energy and celebration. Most importantly, this new year marks our 25th year of THATS DANCING! We have certainly had some great achievements to celebrate over the years, from continuous success at competitions to multiple USA dance tours to the opening of interstate locations.
• Platinum gold awards at Hollywood Bound in Melbourne 2016 - Our Opens Performance Troupe were selected to compete at a national dance competition in Melbourne, coming up against the top dance schools from across the country. Receiving a platinum gold award and a score of 98+ for their performance of ‘Ghost Town’, our Opens students note this as one of their fondest THDA memories.
• Interstate locations opened 2016 – Opening up studios in Darwin, Gold Coast, Canberra. THDA enjoyed five years of success spreading our love of dance across Australia. However, Renee realised her heart was in SA and as of 2021 has decided to bring her business ventures back to her roots.
• Radiance of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Cruise 2019 – Setting sail to the South Pacific, 27 of our THDA team performed their 70s/ 80s/90s extravaganza on the Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas cruise ship to sold out audiences and standing ovations. The months of rehearsals certainly paid off, with dancers receiving glowing reviews from the ship’s passengers and staff members alike!
• Candance Competitions – A favourite pastime for many of our dancers, the annual ‘Candance for a Cure’ has always been a fantastic production for THDA to take part in. In 2019, we were invited to perform at their 10th anniversary, dancing at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in front of an audience of 1000+!
• Disney & LA Dance Tours – Undoubtedly one of our most exciting highlights to date, we have taken THDA teams to Disneyland Los Angeles in both 2013 and 2016. Performing within Disney, Universal Studios and Downtown LA, the dancers delighted audiences with a 30 minute self-choreographed showcase. All performers were welcomed to partake in Disney’s very own workshops and also at Millennium Dance Complex and Mather Dance Company.
• Brighton Jetty Classic Performances – After originally performing at the Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic back in 2014, the directors were so impressed by THDA that we have been asked back every year since to dance and entertain the huge crowd!
THDA prides itself on being a ‘second home’ to our dancers, and for us, providing a safe and welcoming environment is always a priority. Our dance director, Renee, puts emphasis on open lines of communication and prefers to supervise from a ground level. Rather than an enigma hidden behind the walls of management, Renee is involved with all the dancers and families of the THDA community and supports her dancers in all areas
“We are a supportive community at Thats Dancing and that means encouraging our students to prosper not only in their dance training but in their academic studies and working lives too” – Renee, Dance Director In 2020, THDA celebrated five year twelve students achieving an ATAR of 90+ ( all of whom, danced & taught during the year) and we continue to emphasise the importance of education as a priority for our young dancers. We believe in striking the perfect work/life balance and we hope our dancers see dance as a welcome break from their school or university studies.
This year, THDA on Tour will be returning in full force, heading to regional towns across South Australia to share our love of dance and host workshops within rural communities. Our experienced team of instructors will be preparing and teaching choreography for school productions and local dance studios. After the travel restrictions of 2020, we want 2021 to be the year that spreads the celebration of dance across SA.
After the great success of our online classes during the 2020 COVID restrictions, we are introducing a new THDA Dance on Demand. As a virtual platform run by both our local teachers and guest choreographers from across the country, our dancers can now groove from the comfort of their own home.
Once a popular session on the THDA timetable, 2021 sees the return of our adult classes including tap, Broadway, Morning Melodies, and jazz. These classes are available for mature age dancers, ranging from absolute beginner to advanced levels. Running at our Warradale studios, these casual classes will be a fun, relaxed way of either getting back into your love of dance or pursuing a new hobby in a stress-free environment.
Although COVID19 has undoubtedly reinforced the importance of hygiene, THDA has always prioritised cleanliness and safety standards. We have sanitation stations in each of our studios, a COVID Safe checkin located in our foyer, and our teachers give all surfaces a thorough clean between classes. In keeping with social distancing laws, we continue to enforce our kiss and drop rule. Parents are to drop dancers and refrain from entering the foyer during drop-off and pick-up times. Parents of Dancetime children (Under 5yrs) will be permitted to stay IF required. Providing we do not exceed the limit of persons per area of our studio, our lounge area and foyer will be made available to parents and guardians in keeping with the 1.5m distancing guidelines. We will continue to monitor the changes in state COVID laws so we can return to our full capacity as soon as it is safe to do so.
Join us for an exciting, dance filled 2021!
Hi Renee, we absolutely loved it! Thank You, your girls are amazing and the Choreo was so modern and fresh thank you! We have the songs, so that is fine thanks. Having the gym location worked really well this year, plenty of room for the Acro and the Showcase too.
I want to congratulate you on the amazing idea of creating the survival bag for the kids ❤️. Abigail had only done a few trial lessons and was absolutely loving it! She was so Excited to open her special mail. She felt so loved appreciated and special in a single moment and can't wait to return next term 💞💕💞
Dear Renee and team, Wow! What amazing shows. You pulled it off again....and in a less than ideal 2020. You must be so proud of your team- both staff and dancers. Everyone did a brilliant job. The “big kids” who not only had their own costumes and dances to worry about were so caring and helpful to the little ones. It was the epitome of the caring and supportive culture you have developed within your school.
We just wanted to say a big thank you for the wonderful birthday party you threw for Hazel! She had the best time and we received such great feedback from the parents of her friends.Jasmine and Kaylee (I hope that’s right!) did such a fantastic job in leading the party and the set up was beautiful! Much more than we ever expected - well done and thank you!
It was a fabulous effort after a super tricky year, so thank you again for all blood, sweat and tears you put in to making sure showcase could happen in some form. I hope you have now breathed a sigh of relief that it is done! It was super entertaining and the kids loved it! I know you copped some criticism along the way but I hope you know that most of us understood the tight and ever changing constraints you were forced to work under.
What a wonderful surprise, those photos are fantastic!! The concert was amazing to watch and yourself, Jenna and the team did a fantastic job pulling it altogether at such short notice. I especially loved Bill and Charlie providing the pre-show entertainment and the local flavour they added, and the ballet to open the show was stunning! A huge thank you to yourself and Jenna for all of the hard work, personal time and care you put into teaching my girls this year.
Supportive, friendly, passionate and organised. Communication is fantastic and there is always someone there to help. Renee and her teachers clearly love what they do and the kids love them all. Staff are wonderful. Kids are supportive of each other which is lovely.
I just wanted to say how amazing Sunday was. It was just brilliant and wholly molley can those dance instructors dance!!! So impressive! Thanks again.
Sammy performed in 7 dances last night in the Port Lincoln mid year show. My husband and I were blown away with her enthusiasm and love for dance. Thanks so much for having a mid year display this year.
I just wanted to say the showcase yesterday was great! That’s dancing brings so much joy to my girls and our family. The staff and helpers are amazing!
Congratulations on another amazing showcase! As always, the dancers were beautiful and polished with energy, passion and enthusiasm that is clearly passed on through the staff. Chloe always has a fabulous time and has certainly grown under Miss Carly’s guidance. A very enjoyable show!
Thank you for providing such a fantastic dance school for the Port Lincoln community!